The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Saturday, December 5, 2009

yay!

So, I think I've finally come to the conclusion of what I will be doing next December around this time :) I had written a post earlier [a few weeks ago] asking everyone's opinion or advice on what I should do once I graduate next December with my BA in English. Well, I finally got up the nerve to ask my parents [don't know why I was scared/nervous, but I just was lol] to ask their opinion about what I should do. These were the options I explained to them that I have
# 1 - graduate Dec. '10 with my BA in English and begin looking for jobs, obtain a high school teaching job & earn my license while teaching.

# 2 - graduate Dec. '10, then go to grad school for Master's in Creative Writing, and then teach [& get license while I teach].

or

# 3 - graduate Dec. '10, go to grad school for a MAT degree which would give my a license there & THEN find a job and teach.

Well, drum roll please....











With much thought, though, and even more thought, I have [I think, for I'm still praying about it] decided I will go with option # 1. Even though it is the least paying option I have, it will allow me to keep only an undergrad amount of college loan debt. In the area I will be teaching in, the salary is not exactly the greatest, and there is NOT a major difference in the salary if you have a Master's vs. Bachelors. Go figure. BUT, I want to help these kids. They are underprivileged, and I want to give them a chance, because hardly anyone else wants to.
Even if I was to go to graduate school and obtain a MA degree in English or MAT degree, I would be left with lots of extra loans that I would have to pay off, when I could just graduate w/ a BA & then obtain license. So, that's what I plan to do :)) And, I am SO happy!
It's funny how you learn to become estatic over the things that most people wouldn't, just because you know that you're following your heart & what He has planned for you. Trust me, there are NOT a lot of kids I went to school with that are going to come back to this area, because they [let's be honest; and when I say this it doesn't speak of everyone, just the majority] feel they want it all, they want the high paying job with the huge house, so that they can buy the best car, etc. Well, that's not me. I want to be content with what GOD wants me to be content with. And, I have a feeling [ just a little bit :))] that GOD would rather I help the "least of these".

Like I said, I am completely happy with my decision! I can't wait to see what GOD has in store.

p.s. Just in case you haven't done the math, this means I will graduate next December & then get a job!!! Wow. I'm nervous, happy, scared, excited...

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?