The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Very, Very Thankful for You, and this past year.

This year has without a doubt been the best year of my life. And I am never going to be the same because of it! I am purposed and feel Hope in my life. As my friend Kylee has done, I am going to make this post month by month what I am thankful for, as this year has sooooo much packed in. The first part of this post will be just that.

December 2009
I am thankful for You continuing to stir my heart for Africa, and for allowing me to fall in love with You like I never had before. I wanted more of You, and I was NOT disappointed in my seeking, for I truly found You. :)

January 2010
I am thankful for God placing missionaries Glen and Karen Smith in my path, and finding out about an opportunity in Mali, West Africa to serve You. I truly surrendered my life to You, and will forever remember the hard nights I spent crying my eyes out, and just wanting to do what You wanted me to. I'm thankful for the time You clearly spoke to me and said, "What I've Shown You, Go". You even placed a West African professor in my life two days a week!

February 2010
This was the month I left everything behind and followed Your lead. Enough said :)

March 2010
I am thankful for You being there with me in my time of need. I knew I was leaving everything behind, but for how long I did not know. I had a choice, and I didn't want to make it, I wanted You to make it. I wanted only to follow You. Throughout this time You were faithful to me and never left my side. This could've shook me so hard, but I had peace throughout, amazingly enough.

April 2010
I felt in my spirit that I wasn't giving everything I personally had to give until I gave that year for Mali. I was so scared of it, and yet I knew You that's what You wanted me to give. I'm so thankful for you confirming that in a sermon right after I told one of my very good friends. I could barely believe all the loving ways You were showing You were in this. I was truly falling in love with You more each and every day.

May 2010
This month I was thankful for you sustaining me through all those difficult times before, and being with my Mom during her surgeries. I remember being amazed, and still am, at how Izzie the cat gave birth to those kittens. Thank you for that amazing opportunity to see little ones grow up, and just how awesome Your creation really is.


June 2010
This was one amazingggggg month! There was an awesome revival that took place in my own soul. One I will never forget. I fell even deeper in love with You through the weeks of revival, and You gave me some amazing new friends as well through it (and I get to spend more time with them in January before I leave! How thankful I am!!). There were nights where I stayed up and cried, thinking of how long a year was and the unknown that came along with that, but You calmed my keeping-me-awake-all-night-long-fears and gave me a peace that passes ALL understanding.

July 2010
This was the month where You broke my heart for all the people who don't know You through a children's class I was working with at church. I hope to be able to go back before I leave and see just how that one little girl who inspired all of this is doing.

August 2010
I'm thankful that You let me reach my last semester in my BA degree, and that You placed the West African professor once again in my path! I prayed about a new campus ministry to attend weekly, as the one I used to attend wasn't in session this semester, and boy did You ever confirm which one! I am very thankful for Victory Campus Ministries and the amazing friends You have given me through it!! Also, I was praising You big time when I was officially accepted into the program to go to Mali next year!

September 2010
This month marked the first speaking opportunity You placed in my path, and I truly cried out to You, not wanting to be like Moses and say I was unable to do what You had given me to do. And You were so faithful in giving me every bit of courage I needed to stand in front of that crowd, and I loved it! Also, I was sooooo thankful for Your faithfulness in provision. It was coming in BIG TIME. And something I had prayed for happened. My sister and her sweet little family were able to come visit me before I move. Thank You so, sooooo much for that one. (And stayed tuned in a couple of weeks, for I think I have exciting news to tell soon! Oh, how He is gracious!)

October 2010
I was so thankful that You kept remaining faithful, and the provision for next year kept pouring in. How awesome just to see it! Yard sale, donations, etc.

November 2010
This month has been awesome! I am just floored by generosity and faithfulness of Him. He has strengthened me beyond anything I EVER thought possible. I am so thankful for You, and my family and friends. I am almost about to graduate from college with my BA in English ( in 20ish days, people!!), and celebrating. I am very thankful for this holiday season, and being able to spend it with a whole bunch of people that I love so much. I am so blessed in every part of my life. And this marks the countdown in 2 months 'til Africa.


P.S.
Oh my goodness. You know what?! I'm going to be in Africa next Thanksgiving! I'll definitely have to post what that is like when the time comes!!
Here is some of my Thanksgiving this year:


My Mom's very yummy coconut pie that I'm not sure what I'm going to do without!! :D
My wonderful parents who I have come to love so much these past 23 years!

And last, but definitely not least, one of my (4) nephews, six year old Holden. I was talking with him earlier tonight, and said, "Holden, can I take a picture of you so that I'll have one in Africa when I go? I'm going to miss you." And he said, "Yeah!", much to my surprise! This is the kid who never likes me taking his picture anymore. We then went on to take like 15 more!! :) So this is my Holden picture for Africa. You've gotta love this little boy to pieces!
Okay, so I'd better go! I'm going out with Holden's mom, my oldest sister, Stephanie, to Walmart and maybe Belks for Black Friday at 12am midnight eastern time! :D This will be my first time ever doing this, and I am so excited! I just had to do it before I leave for Mali! :) I hope everyone has enjoyed an awesome Thanksgiving with family and friends, and have realized just how thankful they are to Him. Love you each and every one of you guys! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Beautiful words!! I love how God orchestrates our lives...I am so proud of you sweet girl!! Hugs this Thanksgiving from Colorado!! xo

Kylee said...

Love this list! It's awesome to see the way that God has worked in your life this past year!

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?