The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm

longing for warm weather. What is wrong with me?! I’m a cold weather loving person, or used to be. I cannot believe I am seriously wanting 80 degrees right now. Or, maybe I can. Africa is where I want to be. Mali, West Africa to be exact. I want to be in that apartment where I am learning a new way of life. I want to be amongst the Malian adults and smaller people. I want to see and experience the move of God there. I long to eat that food, and add some recipes to my stash. If I could go tonight, I would. I just want to be in this place I feel like my heart’s residing in right now. I want the dirt, and the dust, and the messy feet. I want dirt underneath my fingernails and no makeup. I want a little person’s hand clasped in mine, and the laughter to abound. I just want Africa. Please, come soon. But most of all, I just want to breathe in that warm air, and know that I am there - that I’m at home on this Earth,and preparing to meet You in my eternal Home forever. Oh gosh, I so just made myself even more homesick for a place I’ve never known.

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?