The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Wednesday, December 8, 2010


My mind is blown so much lately. Okay, here’s the backstory:

On the packing list for Africa it was listed that we needed a pair of sturdy sandals. Then I saw how much they cost, and the cheapest pair I could find were $40. There was no way I could see spending that kind of money on a pair of sandals when I already had some shoes that I could get along with okay. I was ready to deal with my Walmart flipflops and my old pair of Rainbows. My mom, on the other hand, really wanted me to have some nice sturdy sandals like the list said and she was searching high and low for them. :) So, long story short, a sweet friend who works at a shoe store nearby said that they carried Teva sandals. Then comes the shocking part. She knew about what I was doing next year and gave them to me for free. The exact style that I had liked online was on sale in the shoe store, and yeah… it’s a God thing. I guess He really wanted me to have some sturdy sandals for Africa too. :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That's so cool! Yeah I had a similar situation myself. I needed some as well for Africa and I was not happy with the prices. So I looked and looked and then found a pair exactly my size at Goodwill and they were the only ones there. Tevas too. :)

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?