The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Two secrets revealed!!

For those of you who are not friends with me on Facebook (please friend request me if you're not - Natali Williams), I have some very exciting news. First of all, the secret from a couple of days ago was that there is an apartment in Bamako with my name and four other girls' names on it! No pictures yet, sorry :( BUT wait! I have another surprise! Through a miraculous thing of getting a loan of $1600 in just a few hours by just crying out to God and asking for prayer from people, but not from those people who ended up loaning the money (from people who prefer to remain nameless from the public), because I found out I had to pay for this expense out of pocket and then get reimbursed, I was able to PURCHASE THE TICKETS FOR MY FLIGHT TODAY and fly with the rest of the group!!!! Praise God for the amazingggg provision! I am officially leaving on January 26th. No more guesses with the countdowns! :) Not counting the hour left in today, it is day 54 in the countdown. I am almost at 50! Ohmygosh, wow! And I am amazed at how excited I am to get on those three airplanes. Can you believe the change in this girl since last October? I said to myself I would NEVER get on another airplane, because I was so freaked out and sweating like a crazy person. But here I am, a little over a year later, moving to Mali, Africa and excited about the flights over there (one I even have to take by myself to be able to meet up with the rest of the group). Oh! And I get to make a pit stop in Casablanca. :) That's in Morocco for all you people like me who never knew Casablanca was in Africa. It makes me want to watch the movie now. Lol. Anywho, aw ni su (or goodnight in Bambara). I must go!

2 comments:

Gabi Dickinson said...

This was wonderful to wake up to this morning.
A million praises! Thank You!!!!!!!!

Shonni said...

Praise the LORD!!!!

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?