The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the weekend :))

Julie & Amber before the Big Bad Wolf


Julie, Amber, Joseph & Tameakia before
Shonte & Justin before...


after! They looked pretty good for having gone through all that! lol Hehe... I got you guys, didn't I? You were expecting a really awful pic :)) I was too... lol.

This was right before the Dark Knight ride that they closed right when we were within feet of the entrance... 30-45 minute wait in a heat wave too... :))

This past weekend I helped chaperone a trip with my church's youth group to Busch Gardens and Water Country, and it was a blast! Hehe... except there was one little incident that I wasn't really fond of lol. We had a huge heat wave this weekend [that is finally going to be ending today, btw last night when I went to bed the heat index was still 96], and we were at Water Country trying to beat the heat with the water. Anyone would, right? lol. Well I guess I shouldn't have. I got really overheated and about passed out [I have done so before like 7 years ago, so I knew exactly what was going on when it happened, thank You Jesus!]. I became nauseated, lightheaded and could barely hear myself talk. I ended up at the First Aid station for about 2 1/2 hours that afternoon. Fun, fun.... Gatorade. Gatorade. Gatorade. Yeah, I thank GOD for First Aid places at theme parks now :)) Other than that, we had a blast though! :))

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?