The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A grateful heart

This year has been a defining, strengthening, empowering one to be sure. I have found my calling, my love of African children, and part of who I was meant to be. I am SO thankful for everything in the past year, because without it I would still be the immature, self-centered Natali of 2008. And, trust me, that would NOT be a good thing. As everyone does, I grew up and I realized that life was not about me, but included others - even those who are rarely seen by anyone. I realized that GOD has given me a heart for missions, specifically African. I don't know why I love this continent so dearly, but I do. And I love that it was something that grew on me, and that I can say it was a GOD thing. Because a little over a year ago, I would not have cared about the orphan. Of course, I would have wanted to help, BUT, I would not have put plans in action to do so. I would not have told people about them. I would not have really cared. Thank You, GOD, for bringing me to my senses. I will never be the same.

I am thankful for my Mama and Daddy [I don't have a picture of them together, so you'll just have to imagine]. I love you both SO much, and I want to thank you guys for all the opportunities you have given me, for raising me in a Christian home where GOD and church were first, and everything else second. I want to thank you for showing me that real love isn't all about money, but a genuine feeling.
I am SO thankful that GOD has given me a twin sister, Allisyn, who I share my deepest desires and thoughts with. Like myself, Allisyn has a heart for the orphan and one day hopes to adopt from China. She, along with GOD, opened up my eyes and heart to the orphan, and for that I am grateful. I also want to thank you, Allisyn, for having a relationship that isn't like the world. You and Cristian are great role models. I love you, twin a, and wish you guys only the best.
I am SO thankful for my older sisters, Stephanie and Kimberly, and both of their families. Without them, my world would be very dull. Without you guys I would never know the meaning of trusting GOD, and not worrying.
Cole, I am thankful for you. You have turned into a wonderful 13 year old young man, that is very talented and will go far. Thank you for making me realize that GOD did give me the little brothers I asked for long, long ago - even if it was through 4 nephews.



I love you, Holden, and I am SO thankful for you and your sweet little 5 year old self. I have loved watching you grow up, and consider you my practice kid :))

Jillian, beyond words you are the best 4 year old niece ever!


Judah, your silly personality makes me giggle everytime I think of you. Keep being the precious little 3 year old guy you are. I am SO thankful for all the laughs you give me!


And little Josiah, even though you are new on the scene, 7 months of my life have been better because of you :)

My little foster kitty, Izzie, love you sweetheart, and I am so thankful for the spontaneity you bring to the apartment.


Little Lexi, THE sweetest cat ever! I am thankful for your loving personality. I've needed it this year.



My little kitty daughter, Nastia Joy, love you honey! I am thankful for the warmth you bring to my feet at night :)



And last, but definitely not least, dear little Max. I love you, and I thank you for showing me that there is a season for everything. My little Ribb would love to still be here with you, but I am thankful that you have filled the void.


Thank You, GOD for all you have blessed me with. The best job ever, loan money to be able educate myself, and a warm apartment. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I thank You for all You are doing, all You have done, and all You are going to do!

1 comment:

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! :)))))

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?