The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

There's a time for everything


In Ecclesiates 3, it speaks of "for everything there is a season". This is my season of waiting. Lately I have been asking myself why SO many of my friends are getting married, and here I am single, 22 years old and never had a serious boyfriend. I have had two boyfriends (both less than 2 weeks), one in middle school, and one in high school. I have never been kissed. And the kissing factor, I WILL NOT kiss any man other than the one I am to marry, yet why haven't I met him yet? I always had this plan that I would be married by 21 ( like 2 of my older sisters did, and my other sister is as good as married it seems, she just turned 22). I don't know why GOD is making me wait, BUT I do know that GOD has fashioned and created this guy for me somewhere out there. I know that I must wait, because it is all I can do.
It's very different than "my" plan used to be ( to be married by 21, having a kid by 23, etc.), but I know His plan is best. He knows every second of every day of my life, and the future seconds and hours and days of my life to come. And I must trust Him.
I know it's like the picture above. My future husband is here, I just can't see him yet.

2 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

I never expect to adopt from ET, and yet, here I am with 2 sweet ET girls... Yes, indeed there is a time for everything. You have plans. Lots of them. Maybe getting married at 22 would hinder what you see for your future.

natali said...

thanks! I never thought about it like that before, that maybe getting married when I feel the need to be married would hinder what GOD has for me now. Hmmm... only He knows, I suppose :)

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?