The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, January 7, 2010

How many books will I have to buy?


How many books?! That's right - twelve books. Wow. And for only 4 classes. That doesn't count the $200 spanish book I already have. Thank you, Jesus, I don't have to buy that one again! :))
Well, other than the prices of 12 books, I'm happy today! Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new semester, with African Literature [very happy about this one, for I'll need to know something of my future children's heritage, and this is a great start], Seventeenth Century Literature, a Poetry class, a class on the American Revolution and Federalist era, and Spanish level 4. All this for an English major/History minor :) I love it, though!
Can I just say, I am SO in love with GOD and His Son Jesus, that I think I might explode?! And in a very good way! When I was a kid, I never knew the love they spoke of ran this deep, encompassed all it did, and lasted forever. I am so glad I was raised in a church that preached the gospel, a family that adored GOD and brought me up surrounded by the church. It surely was a blessing!
"Oh, thank God—he's so good! His love never runs out. All of you set free by God, tell the world! Tell how he freed you from oppression, Then rounded you up from all over the place, from the four winds, from the seven seas. Some of you wandered for years in the desert, looking but not finding a good place to live, Half-starved and parched with thirst, staggering and stumbling, on the brink of exhaustion. Then, in your desperate condition, you called out to God. He got you out in the nick of time; He put your feet on a wonderful road that took you straight to a good place to live. So thank God for his marvelous love, for his miracle mercy to the children he loves. He poured great draughts of water down parched throats; the starved and hungry got plenty to eat." Psalm 107:1-9


2 comments:

Deborah said...

From which version did this Scripture come? It is vibrant and so alive. Your upcoming classes sound challenging, but wonderful.
You are an awesome writer...keep the faith, and keep up the good work.

natali said...

I believe it came from The Message version. I know, I loved how it was SO alive! Thanks for the awesome comment.

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?