The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A new semester and prayer

Oh me! Six books for one class! What in the world????

This is me, thinking this morning. LOL. I am going to buy books this afternoon for my five classes that start this friday, and for just ONE of my classes there are SIX books to buy! Is this not c-r-a-z-y?! I'm hoping this class has cheap paperbacks to buy. If not, I can't imagine how much this is going to cost me.

However, even though one must buy hundreds of dollars of books, I am excited to begin a new semester. Two more semesters to go! Only one more to go after this semester! Then I will be a college graduate. As I may have stated before in previous posts, I should be graduating this coming May, but I'm behind in a couple of classes, and my major has 2 more class requirements than others, SO, yeah...

As I continue with my education in becoming a woman with a Bachelor's in English, emphasis in creative writing, I look to GOD's word to understand what will come next. I only know what GOD has said, that there is a future ahead for me. Where that future lies, I have no idea. Only He knows :)) Whether I am to stay in North Carolina and teach (as my plan is of right now), or whether I am to move somewhere else, only He knows. I am praying about it, and that's all I can do. I have to wait until I know for certain, until He puts a peace in my spirit. I know that I am to teach the "least of these", but where they are, I have no idea. And it's a beautiful thing. My life is just beginning, it seems, and the most exciting part is right around the bend.

I have just began reading a devotional by Beth Moore, called Voices of the Faithful, and one of the prayers at the end of the daily devotional is...

King of Kings and Lord of Lords, I focus my eyes upon You today. Keep distractions far from me. May I follow You wholeheartedly. Amen.

And that is my focus, my goal. I want to follow everything He has for me and nothing else. It will cost me something, but the beauty of it is He already gave His Son for me. I must pick up my cross and carry it, too.

"But King David said to Ornan, 'No, but I will surely buy it for the full price; for I will not take what is yours for the LORD, or offer a burnt offering which costs me nothing.'" 1 Chronicles 21:24

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?