The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

With a new semester, there is a new creative writing class I have. Poetry, this time! :)) This is my first poem for this class. I do not claim to be good at poetry :) LOL. Comments, criticisms appreciated.

p.s. For privacy reasons, I am going to do away with my writing blog that I had created a few weeks back. I will still post on here some of my writing, and continue THIS blog :)


Untitled.

Crying. Screaming.
Tears staining dirt covered cheeks
Speak of her hurt.
She wants hope.
Just once more.
She begs for it, prays for it
With
ALL
She has.

The azure sky weeps.
It mourns for what it once knew.
It is terrified by what it sees below,
Corpses,
Evil,
Anger.

Her cry is but a drop in the
Sea of a million voices.
She says it cannot be heard.
But He has heard her prayer,
Has felt her tears and
Asks her to believe.
To have faith in the help she asks for.

The cool drops of a rain shower
Run down her face,
Washing away the devastation
And heartache she feels.
It is gone, if not just for this moment,
For she believes in
The One
Who has given her a reason to believe,
One more time.

2 comments:

T n' W said...

yeah...that was good. really good.

natali said...

thank you, tonyia! I wasn't sure if it made sense, b/c I wrote it in what seemed like 5-10 minutes.

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?