The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, July 23, 2009

the simple things and the heart of endurance

Some simple things just speak volumes, you know? Today as the little girl I keep [we'll call her K] and I were walking to my car to go get something to eat for lunch, she showed me this little stuffed frog she had won at Bible school last night. It said "Leap of Faith" on his tummy, and she asked me "what is faith?" I told her that it's believing in GOD. And I told her that a leap is like when you jump [she just turned 7 by the way], and she said, "so it's like taking a jump for GOD?" When she said that it was like something clicked inside my head. Not to say that I didn't know what take a leap of faith meant, but I'd never thought about it like that before. She made my morning :)) I'm going to take a jump for GOD. I'm going to graduate with an English degree and go on even further for my Master's. I'm going to go on a mission's trip, even if I end up having to go by myself. I'm going to adopt from Africa someday, no matter what some people around me may think or what they may have to say about it. And I'm going to live for GOD, no matter how hard the devil tries to make it!

2 comments:

Amy said...

YOU GO GIRL! Love that you get it at such a young age!! :0)

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

love it :)

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?