The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, September 3, 2009

... my thoughts after american lit. class :))

I really feel for those who believe in nothing but themselves and the human perseverance. They think that they can do it, through themselves and only for themselves. They don't believe in help from someone. They don't believe in GOD, anymore. Life constitutes that we as a people have obstacles to overcome, we have wars to fight, cultural wrongs to right because it is the way we learn that GOD is GOD, and only through Him can we persevere. Only through Him does this whole world make sense. If we are only supposed to believe in the human perseverance how did we get here and who gave us the will to believe? Not just something out there beyond the blue sky, but He, my GOD, my Savior, my soon coming King created me. I did not evolve from organisms smaller than my pores – nor did they come from nothing. GOD created me just as He created everything living, non-living thing/matter on this planet/in the universe. If I didn’t believe in GOD, I cannot imagine living. I cannot image trying to breathe, thinking that my next breath is somehow caught up in the whole whoever is stronger survives thesis. That is a lie straight from the devil himself. Remember David? He may have been weak, he may have been the youngest, smallest, most unlikely person you would ever think of to rule a nation, to fight lions and bears and giants– and overcome them. But he did. And the only way he did persevere was through His GOD, my GOD- the GOD who is there for you, for everyone. Even for the person who thinks he/she can do it all by their self. No one would have chosen David, but GOD did. And that made all the difference.
"Anyone who is among the living has hope - even a live dog is better off than a dead lion..." Ecclesiastes 9:4 ---

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?