The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Saturday, September 26, 2009

a thousand words

This picture just speaks to me so profoundly. It speaks of the all emotions/points in an orphans life - hopelessness, sweetness of nature, confusion, daydreamer, hope, and apprehension.

I will go to Africa one day soon. Hopefully this summer! I want to hug kids like these that have no hope, are confused and hurt. I want to tell them that there is the biggest hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. I want them to know the hope I feel, the hope I have for my life. I want their sweetness of nature to be noticed, for them to feel important. I want them to know that what they daydream about can come true. I want this hope to fill the innermost parts of their soul, and lift their chins up, their heads up. I want them to know about GOD and His Son Jesus.

2 comments:

Ellie said...

This is beautiful!!

Ok, so I loved getting your comment and let me just say...although God is calling me to stand up, it doesn't mean I'm not afraid! haha. But I know He is faithful and gives the grace to complete what He has called us to do. He is so good.

We are focusing mainly on teenagers and college age people. On the facebook group it says 15-21 age range but it's just a guide. We're not gonna put God in a box. I will definitely pass on application stuff once we get all of that set up! I'm hoping by the end of October. Do you have facebook?

natali said...

Great! :)) Yes, I do have facebook. It would be under Natali Williams.

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?