The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stepping Out in Faith

Okay, I admit, I need help :)) Or, maybe not? Hehe... I'm not sure. :P Over this long weekend, my mom, one of my sisters and I talked about my future kids, and my mom made the most random comment ever! "You should start a little hope chest for your kid(s)." And that is all she had to say - it made my weekend! :)) When I would see beautiful clothes in the baby/toddler dept. in stores while buying clothes for a babyshower or for my niece and nephews, I would really want to pick up a very cute outfit I would pass by, and so on. BUT, I reasoned in my head - "You know, you're only 21, soon to be 22. That's three years before 25 (the legal age for adoption in Ethiopia), and you're still single." But I've come to realize, with much help from my mom, that the Devil will try to get you to believe things. That it's never going to happen, I'm never going to find a husband and marry him. I'm never going to adopt. BUT, I know better. My GOD wants His people to take the orphan in, and I know He will make a way for me to follow out his plan for the orphaned.
And, needless to say, I took my mom's advice and began my hopechest for my kids. It may seem silly to some, maybe even crazy. But, I wanted to take a step in faith, a BIG one maybe. I wanted to step out and truly believe what my GOD has been telling me. He is sending me a husband and I will adopt. I do believe Him - with everything I have. And by starting this hopechest, I am beginning to live by this faith :)
p.s. I bought nothing under 9 months (just b/c of the adoption timeline, etc.), and mostly everything is 2T and over :)) Gosh, I had fun!
p.p.s EVERYTHING WAS ON CLEARANCE AT TARGET!! :)) I had seen these dresses, etc. earlier this summer, in the middle of Aug. and they were 12.99, etc, but I was able to get the dresses/boy top from $3.24-4 something! And the little boy shorts, I just couldn't help myself. Oh, and the blanket, another I-just-couldn't-help-myself :))





























3 comments:

T n' W said...

Adorable....I just loved shopping for Sophie while we were waiting!

natali said...

:))

Amy said...

So adorable!! Trusting the Lord to one day fill those cute little outfits with sweet babies who need you.. So proud of your faith and your heart. Amy

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?