The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, September 9, 2010

here it is. when you point here, know i'm there, and that you're in my heart. so, in a way you're there too.

tomorrow i get to see five people who mean the world to me. five people who i haven’t seen since Christmas. five people who i prayed and prayed and prayed some more to be able to see before january. no one thought it would be possible, and my God once again came through and granted me a desire of my heart.

i was bracing myself to tough it out for Jesus if i had to. if this meant not seeing them for over two years, i was going to do it. it would’ve been incredibly hard, but i knew with Jesus i could go through it. i was already getting somewhat accustomed to the idea of skyping with them and keeping ourselves connected, which i still will, but God has given me a tangible gift of being able to spend this whole weekend with those five wonderful people.

i get to whisper and tell secrets with five year old jillian. to whisper how she’s my favorite little kindergartener. and give her silly bands and just love on her sweet little spirit.

i get to play airplane with three year old judah and laugh until my insides hurt. and give him silly bands that look like firetrucks.

and the next is what really tore at me inside. i get to introduce myself to precious little one year old josiah, so he’ll know who i am when i come back. it hurt me more than anything to think that he would remember meeting me for the first time when he was 3 or 4. of course i’ve seen him before, but he was so young.

and last but not least, i get to joke, laugh, maybe cry, and share stories with a wonderful couple of people who understand going after His call no matter what. a sister and brother who i love dearly. a sister who i used to call mama for years. a “brother” who i’m so proud of for holding fast to His call on his life, no matter what.

i think i’m going to do more hugging this weekend than ever before in my lifetime, because i know just what brought them here. He did. and out of love and a desire deep inside. and i have a little research to do, josiah, because that promise i wrote to you this summer, i’m not letting it be forgotten. i WILL teach you how to say Jesus loves you in bambara this weekend. jillian and judah, too. i’m praying for where to find this at, because i have no clue how to say anything other than “Yesu”.

these memories have to last another year, so i will be making plenty of them this weekend. if you don’t hear from me in the next few days, you now know why :)

and jillian, judah and josiah, before this weekend is over i’m going to show you where Auntie Nat’s new home is next year. so that you’ll know. so that i’ll know you know and feel closer next year when you touch bamako on a map. you’ll be there too, you know. in my heart that is.

more than anything i want you to know God loves you, and i love you.

i can’t say thank You enough for this coming weekend. i’m soon to be in tears again over just how good You really are.

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?