The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, September 30, 2010

updates, updates, updates!

so, i have sort of been MIA for a while. it is such a good thing that this semester is my last semester of college, because it is totally tiring me out. i just keep saying to myself, "natali, this is your last semester. it's your last semester..." haha. in december, i'll have an english degree in my hands, and i'll be oh so happy.
i wanted to update you guys who still read my blog (wouldn't blame you if you didn't, because i haven't been very good at blogging lately), about my progress towards mali and such things as fundraising. God has really been blowing my mind lately (sorry i haven't exactly shared most of it) on the fundraising end of things and the opportunities He is still sending my way. not only has He provided numerous opporunities that i never expected to come my way in a million years, but i am enthused about them oh so much.
a little back story before i share these opportunites: this past saturday i cried out to God and told Him that i didn't want to be like Moses and say that i couldn't do something when He called me to do it. i said, "i don't want to be like Moses, and because i stutter tell you no, that i can't do what you tell me to do, but i want to do what you have told me to do, what you give me to do with your strength. because when i am weak, then i am strong in You." and what do you know but the next morning i was asked if i would share what i'm doing next year tonight in the service at campmeeting. God had sent something my way to test my word, i know it :) i didn't want to be like Moses. i want to do what it is He has given me to do, and i'm was going to do it with the strength He gave me. :)
okay, back to the opportunities coming my way:
you see, the program i am going to mali through doesn't exactly allow me to itinerate or initiate speaking engagements at churches. this past sunday i was asked to share what i will be doing next year at a sectional campmeeting service. God provided big time. not only did He get me that opportunity to share there at that service, but that specific opportunity has lead to 3(maybe 4) more speaking engagements and a 2 monetary gifts. that is just plain awesome. if you knew me in "real" life (lol), you'd know that i am naturally a very shy person in front of crowds and people that i'm not familiar with. like, i was the kid in the Christmas program that refused to say her lines once she was on stage. and i am sooooo ready to speak again. i'm sure i'll get butterflies, but the point i'm trying to make is i WANT to do this again. :)
also, some very sweet people, (and those of you who are friends with me on facebook have been invited :)) ; and if you're not friends on fb with me, please add me! i'd love it!) have organized a two day yard sale this friday and saturday, and also a fundraiser dinner in early november. however, we are getting some crazy flooding in my hometown right now (please be praying for the families & businesses who are losing so much), so the yard sale may be put off until later. we have had an overwhelming 15-20 inches of rain since sunday, and the last time the water was this high was in 1999 with hurricane floyd, which was commonly known as the flood of the century. but please be praying that whatever the outcome of when the yard sale takes place, that God would work a crazy miracle in the funds and things given. i know that whether it takes place this weekend or next month that He works all things together for my good. i truly believe that.
also, i am speaking at my home church this weekend, unless the flood prevents service from happening. so could you pray that the words i say are not my words, but His, and that the video that i have prayed over and worked on since april would convict the audience and give them a glimpse of His heart? i so do not want this to be all about me, but rather ALL ABOUT Him.

soon i will put up a link and share my letter that i'm sending out to friends and family about my calling to mali next year and how you can pray and give towards it financially if you feel God is leading you to do so.

i can't think of a way to wrap this post up, so i'll just leave you with a picture of the land i long for more every day.



No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?