The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Memorial Box Monday: there's this Love that runs so deep...

as we sang the lines “nothing is impossible for you, nothing is impossible” from Healer this morning in church, something hit me. i was sitting there holding my precious nephew judah, totally enthralled in his sweet spirit and the overwhelming love that God has for me. that he brought these precious three kiddos here this weekend. and that a little boy was holding my hands, our fingers rubbing each others and his head laid on my chest. God cares so much for little things like that that He wanted me to experience this weekend. and the best part is (the part that hit me) is that He didn’t have to do it, but He did. and if He can do that (something that has built up my spirit the past few days) then why should i let these thoughts that creep in my mind about fundraising get to me? why do i give them even a second in my mind? i know that God is going to provide ALL the money needed for next year, but being 4 months away exactly to the day today that i leave for mali, discouraging thoughts have found their way into my mind lately. eventually i’d dimiss them as stupid thoughts, but i have a plan now. every time they come back up -because i know they will, that’s how satan works - i’m going to fight it and shut them out, reminding myself of how God gave me that moment this morning. that sweet little moment that i’ve wanted for so long. just to sit there with my precious nephew judah and be there with him. not talking, not laughing, just there. and it was enough. that is what i will remember. my God brought these kids here this weekend for me, and He is my provider. i trust Him.
on my memorial box bulletin board i am going to put a picture of those three precious kiddos from this weekend.

2 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

He will provide all that is needed - "Him who has called is faithful"...He called you, it's a done deal. You don't need the money today -but when you do, it will be there - just cause He loves to show off like that! xo

Renee said...

I echo Linny's thoughts here. God will provide....when the time is right and when it is needed....How sweet you were able to spend time with your little loved ones...

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?