The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

more than just knowing

i want to see and experience life like one is meant to. like You created me to. i want to be full of passion for what You are passionate for. i want to love what You love, and hate what You hate. i want my thinking to align with Your thoughts, & my soul to be anguished over what You are anguished over. i want You to break me over what Your broken for, and to fully love like You do - without limitations or reservations. i want to give others the same grace You have given me, and for forgiveness to be engrained in my actions - to treat a person like you do, with their slate clean, and in my heart a love for them still. the same love i had before they ever committed any wrong. all because You first forgave me. little ole me, who is just as they are. and the little ole me that You are still working on. i don’t want to just float through life, never realizing that i’m breathing and that i truly need to live for You with everything i find within myself. i know that i walk with Your spirit within me, but i want to walk like i truly believe it. that’s why i follow You, because You have broken this girl and renewed within me a desire for none but You. in You i move. it’s not me, but it’s Your spirit inside of me. it empowers me beyond anything i ever could. i am daily dying to self, learning You are all i want.

so i want You to lead me. You, and You alone. i will keep pushing my desires out of mind, and replace them with Yours. You have truly changed my life.

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?