The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

so, the long awaited paypalish sort of thing & my support letter.

“Where You are, I want to be. It’s Your love that has changed me.
I give my whole life to honor You. In Whom I live, in Whom I move.” – Brooke Fraser

Dear Family & Friends,
As I graduate from East Carolina University this December, I’m packing my bags and moving to the continent of Africa in pursuit of the Call to missions that God has placed on my life. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve had a passion within me to be a missionary, and so here I go. I’m finally putting that God-given passion into action and going where He has told me to go.

A team of Assemblies of God missionaries, Glen and Karen Smith, has invited a select number of young adults to go live amongst the Muslims of Mali, the world’s fourth poorest country. Their ministry is called “SaFE” (Sahel Formation Experience) and it seeks to disciple workers for the unreached peoples of the world. You can find more information at their website: http://www.sahelnomads.com/. I’m ready to get my hands dirty in the harvest – so, so ready. There are twelve million Malians who need to know the love and grace He has for them. And I’m saying, “Here I am, Lord. Send me,” just as Isaiah cried out to God in Isaiah 6:8. From mid January 2011 to January 2012, I will be living in the country of Mali, West Africa, specifically the city of Bamako – the capital. While in Mali, my role will be to participate in hands-on ministry (children, youth, community outreach, etc.), agree to be personally mentored by a missionary, to learn a new culture along with its language, and to join a group of those who desire to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.

More than anything, I want these precious people in Mali to know Him. To know His love, His grace, His arms that are waiting for them to run to. I desire to be used by Him all my life to see His kingdom come. I want to give Malian kids an inheritance their parents may never leave them, an eternal inheritance that nothing could ever take from them. I want to love on these people and sit and listen to the stories of who they are, and tell them how He loves them so.

My living conditions will be basic as I seek to draw closer to the needy that God leads my way. There are, of course, financial needs that must be met in order for me to go to Mali. As a SaFE team member, I need to raise $900 in monthly support (for an approximate annual total of $10,800), and $2,600 in cash for insurance and airfare. The Assemblies of God World Missions has set up an account for tax-deductible contributions to be made towards my time with SaFE. All I’m asking is that you be willing to pray and see if God has plans for you to help in this mission. I truly desire to see and believe that God is going to change lives, not only the Malians who need to know of His love, but mine as well. Should God lead you to support me financially, there are enclosed details after this letter.

I just want to thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity of helping with this mission and my future. I could never say thank you enough for my appreciation of your prayers. May God bless and pour His grace into your life as you listen to His voice.
Ne tarra (“I am going” in the Malian language Bambara),
Natali Williams

You can make cash/check donations to:
Assemblies of God World Missions
1445 Boonville Ave
Springfield, MO 65802

** If you’re sending something through the mail to the Assemblies of God World Missions you will need to make sure to write my name and account number (648393-7) in the memo section of the check, so they can deposit it into my account there. Afterwards, headquarters will issue a receipt for charitable giving credit, and you can tear a portion off to send with any future contributions (if you were to feel lead to support me monthly).

Online donations: click on https://secure1.ag.org/contributions/index.cfm then type my last name (Williams) or my account number (648393-7). This will take you to a listing where you can select my name and make a secure online contribution with your credit card/debit card. A receipt will be sent to you.

Also, if you would like to receive a monthly newsletter of what God is doing while I’m in Mali for free of charge, please include your email in a comment below, or email me at: natali.williams@ma.agmd.org.
My phone #: 252-325-1932.
I look forward to hearing from you and God bless!

"Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.” – Habakkuk 1:5


I cannot say thank you enough for praying about this and letting God lead you. I love you guys!

2 comments:

Stephanie @ It Is Well said...

Praying for you, sweet friend! I think you have my email already, but it is sjfrey@cedarville.edu :)

Kristi C. said...

I, too, am praying for you. I'm so proud of your love for the Lord and how you are so willing to sacrifice to spread the Good News! Keep up the great work, Natali!!

I texted it to you but it may be more convenient for me to give you my email here...so, it is kmcartwright AT gmail DOT com.

With love from your sister in HIM,
Kristi

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?