The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daniel saved from the mouths of the lions...

I honestly, truly, FULLY believe that my GOD is the same GOD yesterday, today and forever! It struck me today that there are SO many people in the "church" today who tell little ones in Sunday School/Children's Church of how GOD saved Daniel from the mouths of the lions. But do they really believe it? They sure don't live like it.
Now, please, don't get me wrong. No one's perfect, and I know sometimes it's hard -VERY hard - to live with this kind of faith. BUT, I know it can be done. I truly believe that my GOD is the same GOD that Daniel served, that closed the mouths of those lions who preyed upon him. I KNOW that GOD can protect, save, and close the mouths of the lions in my life. Whether they be real, live lions or something else. Fear, lack of faith, etc.
GOD has given me more faith in these first two months of this year than I ever thought possible! It is amazing how your faith can grow when you seek Him with everything you have. I always heard about it. Now I know. And it is amazinggg! He is amazinggg! He walks with me through fire just like He did the three Hebrew boys. I know He has placed upon my heart to build up my Ark (chest for my future children). I know He is my Healer just as He healed the blind, the lame and raised Lazarus from the dead. He hasn't changed, people! He is still the amazing I AM that Moses encountered, still the great and only King who knows my every need, my every desire, thought and has planned my steps even before I take them. He knows when He will need to pick me up along the way and carry me. He knows why I have the desire for Africa in my heart SO heavy. He knows what will become of it, what things will transpire from this summer (more later I promise!). And last but not least, He is my portion, all I need. All I need is found in Him, ALL I NEED. And that is the ONLY thing that is allowing me to have the faith I do have. Faith enough to bring me to Africa. No matter the plane flight, no matter everything else - the what ifs and how to get theres. They don't matter. All that I need is in Him. More than enough. And that is my focus. He will provide.
If anyone has any questions (for I don't claim to be a spiritual expert of sorts) or wants to talk, please email me at fleawriter8703@yahoo.com. This life is too short, too important to go through it not knowing Him or the grace and mercy He so freely gives. Your life will never be the same once you know Him. Trust me.

1 comment:

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

this is the best thing you've ever written :)

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?