The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday







I am SO thankful that GOD has placed Africa on my heart... in my dreams... in my thoughts. I can't express to you how much Africa consumes me, heart and soul, mind and body. I KNOW that He placed it there. I didn't used to care. I mean I could care less (another post for another day) a couple of years ago. If you had asked me about Africa, I probably would've changed the subject to be honest with you. Now, I'm going to be the conversation starter with the topic of Africa :))
Africa is so beautiful - landscape and people. Everything about them screams beauty to me. Their hope in the trying times. Their suffering that goes so deep, yet they still press on. Africa, I know GOD placed you in my life for a reason. And I'm so thankful that He has used you to open up my eyes to His word.

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27 (NLT)


Thank You, GOD, for opening my eyes. I'll never be the same.

1 comment:

Kalyn said...

Africa really is such a beautiful place. Every time I go there I am struck with how much these people have suffered and yet how much joy they have in their lives.
Crazy thought...maybe one day we could go to Africa together!
Crazy...but you never know ;)

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?