The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wow. What a weekend...




Oh my goodness. What a weekend. The last two days have been the BEST two days of my life. EVER.
I attended the Chi Alpha Spring Retreat on Saturday. I finally realized that GOD is calling me to go to Mali next January. Yep, I said Mali. West Africa. One of the poorest nations on earth. Here is copy and paste version of the email I sent my sister Kimberly:
Wow. What an eye opening day yesterday! Okay, I found out that the Mali missions experience is NOT for this summer. And you know, I have no idea where I got that from that it was this summer. I'm a planner. I was planning. And, boy, don't we know that's the wrong thing to do :)) Last night in the evening service after I found out that the summer trip wasn't going to happen this year, I was devastated. It doesn't begin until the beginning of 2011. I knew that this was something GOD had told me to do - (b/c He told me "what I've shown you, GO!"). So yeah, I wanted to leave the building right then and there (I was thinking that to myself).I was almost in tears. And then the evening service started. And something clicked inside me. I had PLANNED this summer. I had planned it for myself. The key was letting GOD do the work. SO, like I was saying something clicked. Something major. The speaker was speaking on getting out of your boat (like Peter). Tradition, comfort, security, etc. I could't begin to imagine how I could still go on this trip. When would there be another slot of time for me to go? I'm graduating in Dec, then getting a job in Jan. Needless to say, GOD showed me that my boat that I needed to leave behind was tradition and the fear of not having money to pay back my student loans (you have to begin 6 mnths after graduation). The tradition of settling down, doing what everyone does, following the American dream. I realized that my security was holding me back. His wife then said you can either be miserable with yourself the rest of your life, or let GOD lead you into an amazing journey. I don't want to have regrets. I don't care about the American dream. I want to do what GOD has called me to do.
So, GOD willing, next January I'll be going to Mali. That's right - I'm not applying for a job after graduation for the next school semester. I'm not. I'm sick of giving in to fear, to living the secure and comfortable life. I'm sick of doing it. And I'm not going to do it anymore. I just can't. It breaks my heart to think I'd get married, have kids, and live comfortably and completely MISS what GOD wants to do in my life. Call me crazy (and boy do I feel it coming on from some people around me), but I'm following GOD to where He is saying He is. I'm following His plan, not mine. For how long it is, I don't know. Only He knows.

Okay, that great experience was yesterday. Here is tonight:

Tonight at my home church we had a Women's Ministries service and a special speaker, Earline Butts. She is a very elderly lady. Well, she prophesied over me. Yeah, WHOA! That has never happened to me before. I thought it never would. But it did - tonight. I was crying like a baby. It was so real, the things she said were like GOD was speaking to me directly, right for that moment, right in my situation that I am in right now in life. It was amazing. She started out asking how old I was. I told her twenty two. Then she said something about that I was going through something right now, and that GOD has His hand on me. She said that whatever GOD was showing me that He was going to make a way. GOSH, I was shaking afterwards. How AMAZINGGGG is GOD?!! The last two days have been the best days of my entire life. Profound things have been shown to me. GOD has moved in profound ways. It's amazing what can happen when you let GOD know that you're giving Him everything.

Yeah. I had to copy and paste the emails b/c I am at a loss for words now. But, boy, is it SO AMAZINGGG!!

break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I have for your kingdom's cause as I walk from earth into eternity. --- "Hosanna" by Hillsong United.

I have more to tell you guys, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow :))

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What an awesome and exciting thing!!!! Step into what God is leading you to do, it is WAY worth it!!! I had a smiliar experience with going right after college to Romania to work in an orphanage. God totally led the way and it was life changing. I saw Him like never before. Good for you JUMP IN!!!!!

Mom Of Many said...

That is so exciting! Prophetic words are so awe-inspiring - and to be going to Africa - Yippee Jesus!! I am thrilled for you all...

Kalyn said...

WOW!!! That is amazing Natali!!!!!!! God is such a good God to serve!!!! And He will make everything work out for you to go to Mali! what an incredible post to read! I loved it!

Marisa said...

Hey there. Wanted to say thank you for the kind words you left over on my blog.

Mali surely will be one of those crucial heart-shaping experiences in your life. Some of our dear friends adopted their daughter from Uganda nearly 3 years ago. While they were in Africa to finalize things and bring their little girl home, they began an organization called "Light Gives Heat." With your shared passion for Africa, I thought you might be interested in checking out what they are about. Their website is here: http://lightgivesheat.org

Excited to follow your journey. God does some amazing things with those that are willing to be used for His glory. Blessings to you, girl.

Mis

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?