The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

dirt & bugs. & more than conquering in the name of Jesus.

so, i’m about to go sit outside, in the dirt, and play with five little kittens. yeah, i’d say i’m trying to prepare for Africa. I’m not really an outdoorsy type of girl [i like the outside, but once i get too hot or sweaty or a bug flies by my head with a buzz i’m DONE], but i’m trying to change that this summer :D let me make one thing clear though. despite the dislikes i have about the outside, i like dirt. i like to feel dirt between my toes and just feel. feel the wonder of GOD’s creation. just sit there and feel because i can. because it makes me feel alive. just because i want to go one day without shoes. just to say, yes, i’m scared of bugs, and that’s fine because i’m human, BUT i love the beauty of His creation and what it does to me on the inside.
I love Mali, and what loving people does to me, how loving like He loved us changes me. and if the bugs wanna come, let ‘em come. even the big ugly ones. cuz i’m holding onto the One who is not shaken. no. matter. what.

so, if i cross paths with a bug while i’m out today, i’m gonna stick to my resolution and stay outside anyway. i just want to feel that dirt and know the significance.

what seems so useless can be used to do great things. that goes for dirt and people. dirt to people. people to dirt. yeah. get ready bugs, cuz i’m more than conquering in the name of Jesus. and yes, even those “bugs” in Mali. literally & figuratively.

“37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39.

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?