The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Saturday, June 5, 2010

happy sigh...

i think ima melt into a puddle of nisɔndiya. other than Jesus :D, nothing touches my soul so deeply and makes me come alive so much as what i feel for Mali. i think nisɔndiya is my new favorite word - both English & Bambara. For it means joy. And that's what I have. Joy. The unspeakable joy of a Savior's love for me, and this joy of knowing, finally knowing, this is what i was created to do. i was created to live at least a year in Mali. to devote my heart and soul to ministering to these people. these beautiful people. these people that need Jesus. that need a Savior. that need someone willing to step in and show them Jesus and say they care enough to live with them, to speak like them, to dress like them, to love on their kids, to come alongside them and not thrash their living but introduce them to the One who can heal their broken hearts, mend their lives and clean them as he does with the fish the fishermen (or women :D) catch. i can't clean them. they're not mine to clean. but instead He's saying, just show them what you have. show them My love. it'll be irresistable to them. they'll want it. they'll do anything to have it. just show them. that's all I'm asking you to do. be an example of My love so that they can taste and see it too. just show them.

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?