The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the dream.


one night a couple of months back i was having a really hard time with the thought of moving to Mali. i wanted GOD to give a confirmation that i was doing the right thing next year. deep down inside i knew i was, but satan wouldn’t stop bombarding me with mess. even though GOD had worked in marvelous ways to show me MALI WAS WHERE I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE, doubts and fears were rising. so yeah, i talked with someone that i knew could offer some Godly advice. we spoke and prayed, but i just wanted Him to speak to me. then before going to bed, i prayed, GOD, please show me once again. please talk to me in my dreams. please.

i was desperate. and i mean desperate.

the next morning i woke up. the dream i had had hit me and gave me total peace. He had spoken to me in a dream like i begged Him to. i was in shock. and the dream. ohmygoodness. what an eye opener. yes. confirmation big time.

in the dream GOD gave me while i was asleep that night was this: i was walking into my home church, looked to the right at the missionary wall (wall of framed prayer cards of missionaries we support) and there i was. on the missionary wall. the wall that i adored. i was there. hanging in a frame. i didn’t have a formal prayer card, but there it was in a frame, a picture of me and african kids. i remember knowing the faces of them in the dream, like i really knew them. but after i woke up they were just kids that surrounded me in the dirt. yes, malian kids and i in the dirt. on the missionary wall, with all the other missionaries.

ahhh… it makes me want to sleep and ask GOD to speak to me once again. for when He speaks i melt into peace.

oh, and years ago when i was fighting africa, that time where i said, no, i’m going to india, when those whispers of africa would come i remember seeing african children. those dark faces that i couldn’t bring myself to love. my heart was dark. but still, He whispered, africa. africa. africa…

i am so thrilled beyond words that i am different. that i finally let GOD in and let Him change me. i’m open, completely open to africa now. those dark little faces are begging for kisses. and i can’t wait to give them to them

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natali,
I really like that you have a love of orphans!!! I think it is wonderful you are moving next year to Mali. And I love when the Lord speaks to you like that.

Blessings,
Amber

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?