The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

this is for you, Kalyn

This post is an encouragement for all of you guys, but especially, Kalyn! I know some of you are going through some very tough, trying and down right hard times of trusting in Him. Please, don't ever give up.

Kalyn, if you read this, just remember "the Lord Almighty is with us; the GOD of Jacob is our fortress". Keep on trusting in him, girl, for you're on the way to something big I can tell. Trust in Him. No matter where we are, no matter how far our family is from us, He, yes He, is with us. Right there with us. When you feel things get too hard, remember in whom you have placed your trust. Not in yourself, but in Him. It's too hard to do by ourselves. But with Him by our side, holding our hand, we can keep walking and rejoicing in His faithfulness and love for us! Love you like a sister, Kalyn, & stay strong!

1 Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.
2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.

4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
Selah

5 For you have heard my vows, O God;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

6 Increase the days of the king's life,
his years for many generations.

7 May he be enthroned in God's presence forever;
appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.

8 Then will I ever sing praise to your name
and fulfill my vows day after day.
-- Psalm 61

1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

3 How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?

4 They fully intend to topple him
from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
but in their hearts they curse.
Selah

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.

6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

7 My salvation and my honor depend on God [a] ;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah

9 Lowborn men are but a breath,
the highborn are but a lie;
if weighed on a balance, they are nothing;
together they are only a breath.

10 Do not trust in extortion
or take pride in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.

11 One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,

12 and that you, O Lord, are loving.
Surely you will reward each person
according to what he has done.
-- Psalm 62

3 comments:

Shonni said...

Thank you sweetheart for this! I will make sure that Kalyn sees it!
loves to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natali,

I have a question for you. You may or may not know anything about this, but I don't know how to fix this problem. On my blog all my gadgets have gone missing. My "about me", the followers gadget,the archives, and my blog list. I can get them back. Do you know how? Thanks!

Blessings,
Amber

Kalyn said...

Thank you sooooooo much Natali!!!! This means so much to me. And I am so happy that my poem inspired both of us. This really does mean a lot to me!

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?