The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Friday, June 18, 2010

i love the freedom staying behind to worship Him has given me. when my parents first asked me, are you gonna go with us on vacation this year, my answer was i’ll probably have a job and won’t be able to get away. and then it hit me, this indescribable urge to stay behind, even if i didn’t have a job, just to soak up His presence at campmeeting. well, i don’t have a job yet, and i’m gonna miss not seeing my sister and her family this summer, but i’m so joyful just in knowing i’m giving it all up this year just for Him. just to worship Him. just to talk to Him. just to know Him more. i want to know Him so much more than i do right now. i have this cry in my heart to go deeper. to seek, to search for Him. for Him to search me and tell me things i need to change about myself, things that are holding me back.

i want my life to be pleasing to Him. i want to be beautiful. i don’t want to stay the same forever. the speaker last night spoke of us having a season of acceleration in Him, an acceleration in growth, in our love for Him. i want that so badly. and i’m going for it. i’m going for it big. like never before.

i’m determined.

this next week and a half it's going to be just me and Him.

3 comments:

Eve said...

Hello Natali,
I've been seeing your beautiful face on many adoption blogs, and always wanted to come to your blog if you had one, and now I see that you do. I'm happy to be here and look forward to reading your posts. God bless you on your trip and always, Eve

SomeGirl said...

May God be glorified in and through you! I'll pray for you right now!

Btw, I gave you an award today at http://somegirlswebsite.com/showing-love/2010/06/id-like-to-thank/

Chris said...

You are so inspiring!

I love how you want to be so close to God!!

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?