The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

trusting Him

GOD is creating something new in me. This person completely ready to trust Him. Just to trust Him. Not to think about everything, but just to trust Him. I want Jesus completely, not just in my heart, but I want to live my life in complete trust that He knows what He's doing with it. It's one thing to say, "yeah, I trust You", and it's another whole other thing to live like it.
Thanks for the prayers. I woke up this morning feeling complete peace. He is wrapping His arms around me and telling me, "Daughter, I love you so much more than you ever thought. This assignment, this place I've whispered to you, move there and I'll be with you. I will never leave you nor forsake you. I love you too much. My love will hold you. Even in the times when it feels like no one is there, I am there with you. When it feels like no one could possible know what you're feeling, just know that I do. I will never ask of you something that I know you can't do. With me, you'll make it. It might not always be easy, but I'm going to be right there with you."
I think I know why I didn't go up to the altar at camp that year when I first knew I was called to missions. I was scared of giving everything over to Him. It would change me, and I knew that. I was scared of change. I wasn't ready to be used by Him and to say I trusted Him. Well now I am. I'm ready. So ready.


"How lovely is Your tabernacle,
O Lord of hosts!
My soul longs, yes, even faints
For the courts of the LORD;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."
Psalm 84:1-2

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?