The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Monday, July 12, 2010

He loves to speak to you.

OH! i've been meaning to make a post about this recently, but kept forgetting! :)
These are some confirmations of my moving to Mali that have happened in the past few months.

Before service one morning i told my friend that I was going to Mali for a year. I told her that I had been praying about how long to go for, and it suddenly hit me one day that I wasn't giving all i had to give to God until I gave that year and stepped out of my comfort zone. (I woke up one night and remember myself wrestling and tossing and turning, asking "should i go for a year? or not?" i immediately got sick afterwards with a stomach virus that my family caught too. i remember that night vividly in my mind.) I told my friend that in no way did I feel comfortable going for a year, but that I didn't think this was supposed to be comfortable for me, you know? And oh my goodness, get ready. Then my Pastor preached on living out of your comfort zone that morning. about how it's not easy to live for Christ, but that it's not supposed to be, but that He's there with us through it all. If that did shout it out to me!! :)

And then, during campmeeting a speaker who didn't know I was going to Mali and to my knowledge still doesn't, prayed for me at the altar one night. He said something like "God has shown you stuff, and all the fears and doubts just let them go..." I declare I think I remember the speaker saying "shown you" (which totally connects the dots again with the word "shown" from the confirmations past!!) but if He didn't I'm sorry. Those two weeks were so spiritually enriching that I didn't sleep much and I'm not exactly sure if I remember the exact words correctly. But it was something like "shown you" if not exactly that. :)

So yeah. wow. God is good!
I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?