The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Friday, July 2, 2010

one of those little buddies of mine







i'm missing a certain little fellow who lives in florida. the last time i went to visit him i was sick, so this auntie didn't get to hug and kiss on him like i would've. and the last couple of weeks i spent at campmeeting, which i don't regret AT ALL, but still, my parents went to visit this little kid. i've only seen him 3 times, but i treasure those times. but i miss him. sometimes you have to tough it out for Jesus. that's what i did when i stayed behind and let my parents go ahead. and if i don't get to see him before i move in january, that's what i'll be doing again - toughing it out. it'll hurt oh so much, but i hope he'll one day see that faith without deeds is dead. even if that means leaving precious people whom you love oh so dearly behind while you go. i want to be a good example for you, josiah gabriel, so i hope you'll still love me even though the next time i see you may be 2 years down the road or longer. love you babe. & the next time i see you i'm gonna teach you how to say jesus loves you in bambara. promise.

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?