The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Monday, July 26, 2010

what a memorial box monday post!! :) we serve the Healer!!




for a while now I couldn't think of anything to write for Memorial Box Monday over at Linny's blog. and then today my 2nd cousin Kay, who i wrote about here, and here, and here, and here came over to my parent's house for a visit (i'm here for the summer) and as she was sitting there on the couch it hit me and i just sat there in awe. kay, who according to the doctors should be in the grave. she should have been dead near 5 months now. but she's not! oh no, for we serve the Healer! the amazing, amazing Healer who healed a woman who could not be helped. who was bleeding to death. who only had a few hours according to the doctors. who had every odd against her. i'm tearing up just typing this.
HOW AWESOME IS OUR GOD?!!!

as i'm typing this post up i have linny's blog open and "tear down the walls" by hillsong united is on. Your name is glorious! Your love is changing us, calling us to worship in spirit and in truth! and i don't need to see it. i don't to see it to believe. cuz i, i can't shake this fire burning deep within my heart. and this life is yours and hope is rising... Your name is glorious!
and then there's ashley who i wrote about here, and here, and here, and here, and here just this past week.

she. is. healed.
toxic shock syndrome.

people, that is serious! 50/50 chance of her not making it out, but she did. her Dr. even said she should give the glory to God for what He has done for her. her doctor realizes just HOW AMAZING He is and how they couldn't do anything for her. they couldn't do anything for her but wait.
**** EDIT - the doctors say the tests they've run are as if she never had it :)
You are the Healer.
both of these women should not be here, but God healed them. :)) healed them, people!

what a wonderful Savior. How majestic Your whispers and how humble Your love. with a strength like no other, and a heart of a Father. what a wonderful God. no eye has fully seen how beautiful the cross. and we have only heard the faintest whispers of how great You are. -- chris tomlin.

sing a new song to Him who sits on heaven's mercy seat. You are my everything, and i will adore You. -- kari jobe

and just in case yall are wondering, i'm looking forward to the day i pack my memorial box monday bulletin board in my suitcase. oh yes. it HAS to go with me to africa. :)

3 comments:

Renee said...

It is always exciting to read stories of how God ahs healed people. I have been reading a book called, 'Healing" and it has opened my eyes to even more of the miracles God blesses us with...
Thank you for sharing this today.

rarejule said...

God is good indeed. So thankful for your friends who are healed. Thanks for sharing!

Eve said...

God is soo good! What a touching testamony.

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?