The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Monday, July 19, 2010

will you join me in praying for her and them?

would you guys join me in prayer for the young girl i mentioned in this previous post a couple of days ago? i believe God has great things in store for her (as He does every one of us), and i pray that her heart is softened to hear the word and that her heart may be like the good ground where the seed will flourish and grow. last night in the church service, quadera was on my heart again. all the quaderas. it breaks my heart that so many people just pass them by, and i don't want to be that person anymore. i have been that person, and it breaks my heart that it took me this long to realize it. i don't want to see them in their destitute state on the side of the road and just leave them there. i want to pick them up and tell them about Jesus. i want them to know how much their Father loves them and what that means. i don't want to be like the priest and the levite who thought themselves too important to bother with them. i want to kneel down with them at their worst state in all the grime and the dirt and hug and love on them there. bandage their wounds by sharing Jesus with them and just sit there and love on them. love on them like crazy. even when it takes something of me to do it. to make them feel special and loved. really loved. to show them what mercy is, and how His mercy is greater still.
i'm still trying to process everything that i learned the other night, but i know one thing, i'm supposed to help quadera and the other quaderas right now in this season of my life. i asked for Him to show me what to do and it couldn't have been any plainer.
would you guys join me in praying for quadera and the other quaderas hearts to be softened?

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?