The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm sorry. I have to get this out. No, moving to Mali next year is NOT easy. Of course, I'm estactic about it! :)) But it's also the most challenging thing I've ever done in my life. And I'm not even in Mali yet. I want people to understand that just because I'm going doesn't mean that I'm comfortable with it. By NO MEANS am I in my comfort zone here.

I'm gonna miss so much while I'm over there. One of those things could be the wedding of my best friend, my twin sister, Allisyn. It tears me apart to think that I won't be with her on that happy day, but I know that I can be there in spirit, and that it won't make their wedding any less official because I'm not there. As much as I try to be strong, I'm human. It's just plain hard sometimes, and tears have to be shed because they're a part of the process. I can't let everything be locked inside. So, I'm letting it all out with this post. When you step out of the boat and take Jesus' hand, it's going to be challenging and out of your comfort zone, but just know through Him you'll make it.

3 comments:

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

awww I. LOVE. YOU. :)

T n' W said...

Honey, you are human!!! Of course fears and nerves are gonna creep up. I would expect it. The awesome part of all of this is you know where to get your strenght from, the one who calms your fears, and reassures you in the middle of the night:) A little secret...I'm sooo scared of flying and traveling to a foreign country. I was a basket case. BUT I wanted something (or someone) more than anything. AND I know that's how you feel about this. So this year when you have those moments, remember this is your blog....LET IT OUT! And you'll feel much better:)

Sharon said...

So true, it's good to share what's on your heart. Praying for you!

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?