The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Doubt

Don't you hate it when you doubt something? I mean when you know, that you know, that you KNOW that GOD has said it, and you doubt it anyway. It's a human weakness. We doubt.
I don't know why doubt was creeping up in my heart. But I do know it is only from Satan. And like normal humans I started to hear it. This past week I have been reading my Bible more. That is a BIG step for me. I don't know about you, but it seems when I want to read my Bible I don't have time or something else comes up. But I've really tried this past week to read GOD's word each day and spend devotional time with Him. His sheep know His voice.
Have you ever opened up the Bible and said, GOD speak to me? I once heard someone say that you always need to pray before you read the Bible, so that GOD can help you discern what He is saying.
Well, today I opened up the Bible and there was a verse that was very discouraging to me. I prayed and told Satan to stop it. He is trying SO hard to discourage me. SO hard. He is trying so hard that He is even using my careful attention to GOD's word in a way to pull me in. BUT he's not going to do it. But then I prayed, asking GOD to show me what He wanted me to see. I prayed to be able to discern what GOD was saying to me. And when I opened up the Bible, I saw, "1 Samuel 17:26, GO, and the Lord be with you." WOW. What a word from GOD. A few minutes later (haha, please don't think I'm crazy, but I felt GOD telling me to not be afraid to open up His word again and look with discernment from Him) and it opened up to 2 Samuel 14:7, "And may the Lord your GOD be with you". WOW again...
I take it that GOD is reinstating exactly what He has told me a couple of months ago, last weekend, and a few minutes earlier.
What I've shown you, GO! - word from GOD.
It is SO beautiful to me how in each instance GOD has used the same words.
#1 When GOD spoke to me in an audible voice it was, "WHAT I've SHOWN YOU, GO!"
#2 When the lady prophesied to me last weekend she said "What GOD has shown you, He is going to make a way"
# 3 1 Sam. 17:26 "GO, and the Lord be with you."
and #4 2 Sam. 14:7 "And may the Lord your GOD be with you."

Will you pray with me that Satan stops bombarding me with discouraging thoughts? Because I know that GOD is doing something mighty with what He has spoken to me. And Satan is in overdrive right now, trying to stop it.
Thanks, love you guys!

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?