The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

a GOD moment :))


Things you take for granted, GOD uses them too. Even a bothersome slip of paper on your windshield :))

I SO had a GOD moment today after classes. I got in my car and noticed there was a little slip of paper (as on every other car) on my windshield. So, I get out and grab it.

Let me explain the backstory before I go any further. On Monday, I was talking to a person in one of my classes, telling them what I was doing after graduation [GOING TO MALI!!! :))] and they asked me a question I've been trying to avoid myself.

"Aren't you scared of the rebels and things like that surrounding Mali in other nations?"

To be totally honest, which I wasn't that day with the person I was speaking with, I am afraid of that. BUT, I know that the GOD who told me to do this will be right by my side the entire way, so in a way I'm not. And just so you guys know, the area I'm moving to is safe & free religion.
But it's been in the back of my mind on the back burner for the last couple of days.

Okay, back to what happened today...

I turned over the slip of paper that I found on my windshield, and it said,
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your GOD goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

What an amazing GOD moment! Can I just say that He is for you, today! Every day!! When He tells you to do something, be sure that He won't leave you hanging. He is right there with you. He goes before you to prepare the way, as a verse right after the one above (Deut. 31:8a - "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you...").

GOD is SO wonderful! Words cannot express His greatness. Right now I am just a child in awe of Him :))

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?