The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Sunday, March 21, 2010

haha, i love this kid :))


I told my nephew Holden (six years old) today that I had a secret to tell him. Telling him that I have a secret to tell him is our little special code word for come here and let Aunt Natali give you a hug and kiss and tell you that she loves you. Holden responded today in his matter-of-factly way, "It better not be that you love me...". LOL. I said, "It's not" and laughed. He came over to me and I whispered to him, "I'm going to Africa!". You should have seen his eyes! He was SO excited! He said, " 'You gonna be a missionary?!!"

I just smiled and shrugged :))

Then Holden started asking questions. "Are you going to be in a church thing? And like a school?"

I told him something like that. He's so smart. I'm going to miss this little guy, but I know that we'll correspond somehow.

I love you Holden-buddy. I pray so hard that one day when you're old enough to fully understand GOD's love for you that you take that step He is asking you to take. I hope that I'm being a good role model for you. You're one of the reasons I'm going. I'm leaving you behind, but I hope my actions speak louder than my words. Holden, GOD is AMAZINGGG, and don't EVER forget that. Love you!

1 comment:

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

ok, so this post seriously made me cry...in a good way :) i'm so proud of you twin sister <3

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?