The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I've got you.

You know that song Revelation by Third Day? Well about a year or so ago I heard it for the first time. It used to come on the radio A LOT. And as everyone else does, I sing along lol. Then I thought of the words. What did that mean to me? Move - to where? I wasn't sure. At that point in my life it was move into a different level of my love for GOD. That's what I seem to remember about it. Now, isn't it funny that all along GOD knew about a year from now I'd have a newfound meaning for those lyrics?! He knew all along. He was saying, "Yes, dear one. I want you to fully give yourself over to me and live radically for me. I've been asking and pursuing you. Surrender." Well, I did. And now GOD is saying "Move to Africa. Don't stay here. I want you to find this next level I have for you. What you thought was good for you is not my Plan for you. I have plans not to harm you, but to propser you and give you a future. Those desires in your heart, I put them there. Yes, when you choke up thinking of what is going on right now in your life, it's me that gave you that overwhelming, consuming passion for Africa. Now use it. GO where I tell you to go. Live where I tell you to live. Don't listen to those others. You are my daughter and since you have given me your hand I'll never let it go. Did you understand me? Never will I let you go. I'm looking out for you, dear one. Don't fear anything. I have it all under control. I've gone before you to prepare the way, and yet still I am here with you now. There is nothing this life can throw at you that you can't overcome with the strength I give you. Here... I'll kneel down so that you can get on my shoulders. I'm not going to let them hurt you. They may say hurtful things, but I've got you. I'VE GOT YOU, MY DAUGHTER."

And I look to him and smile, knowing that my Father is holding me.


["Give me a revelation,
Show me what to do
Cause I’ve been tryin’ to find my way,
I haven’t got a clue
Tell me should I stay here,
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I’ve got nothing without You


I don’t know where I can turn
Tell me when will I learn
Won’t You show me where I need to go
Oh oh
Let me follow Your lead,
I know that it’s the only way that I can get back home"

"Revelation" Third Day]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natali,

I have just found your blog from A place called simplicity and have really loved reading about your plans. You inspire me with your trust for God and willingness to serve him. What an exciting time for you!

Rach

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?