The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Sunday, April 4, 2010

the beauty of sacrifice

My daydreams are filled with little brown feet and the warmth of the African sun on my face.

You know next year is going to be amazing, I am sure. But I can't help in rejoicing in the transformation GOD is doing in me to prepare me for Africa. Giving up everything for GOD's will to be done in my life has not be easy. It's been down right HARD. It's the hardest thing I've ever done. EVER.
I've cried A LOT, I've thought about all the friends & family that I'll miss. I have days where I'm sad, days where I'm exhuberantly happy, and days when I wish I was there already. I've also thought about how what I'm doing, how I'm GOING because GOD told me to go, will affect those around me. Those looking up to me especially. I want those little eyes to watch & see that GOD is still the I AM that Moses encountered, that He still closes the mouths of lions [whether figuratively or literally] like He did for Daniel. If I stayed behind in America and did what I felt comfortable doing I wouldn't be walking the walk that I talk about. Faith without deeds is dead. DEAD.

If you can't put the faith you have in GOD and His Son Jesus in action, then what good is it to tell people the good news?
I truly believe GOD is waiting for the church to rise up and be the church. To be the church Jesus died for us to be. I have gotten to the point where comfortable is not comfortable to me anymore. I have to do something. I can't sit back in my church pew and not put into practice what the preacher says every week.
I'm going to Africa because He told me to go and because I'm putting my trust in Him.
When you make a sacrifice for GOD, it's easy to think "Oh yeah, I'll have it easy now because I'm doing what GOD has told me to do. So therefore everything is going to be smooth sailing from here."
WRONG.
Jesus sacrficed himself for us. It wasn't easy for him. It won't be easy for us. But the amazing thing is, you know that GOD has got you & with Him you can do all things through the strength He gives you. It won't be easy. But it'll be the best thing you've ever done in your life.
Sacrifice is where it's at, people. It changes you - forever. I'll never be the same.
When GOD speaks to you, please listen & obey. His way is SO much better than anything this world could give you. To disobey is sin - remember that.
I've heard His voice, He has told me to GO. I'm going. I'm obeying His command. My life could not be better right now :))

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is a lesson I am learning as well! Thanks for sharing.:)

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?