The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

GOD speaks # 1


GOD is so faithful, people. OH.MY.GOODNESS.

Okay, here goes:

It's 1:30 am and I'm restless. All I can think of is how loooooooooong a year is and how I'll be away from everyone I know and love for what seems like an eternity. It's making me panic. So I flip through the channels, and land on TV Land. The Cosby Show is on. The scenario is Denise is married and is scared to move out of her parent's house and go where her family is stationed (in the Navy). She is having a conversation with her Mom.
Claire the mom says, "Alright girl, that's enough. You're not getting the message. How dense can you be? You are a married woman with a child. And you are afraid to leave the nest. My husband, your father thinks you're never getting out of here."
"I know. Mom, new people, strange people, no friends, no family. Navy life?! Me?!"
"I know, honey. But you can't stay, you've gotta go."
"Well, can I ask you something very important?"
"Sure."
"Do you know how to get to Rhode Island?"
"Yeah. But I'm not stationed in Rhode Island, my family's stationed here in Brooklyn."
Denise nods. "I understand."
"But if you call me, I'll be there."

I cried. LOL. GOD speaks. Even through the Cosby Show at 1:30 in the morning when you can't go to sleep. GOD still tells me to GO, even when the thoughts of panic come in the middle of the night. I can't stay here in America. I'm uncomfortable with my moving to Mali for a year, but I'm even more uncomfortable with the thought of staying here in America. I would be miserable if I stayed here. Miserable.
GOD is saying, I know it breaks your heart to leave all this behind, but You've gotta go. You have a responsibility to tell the Malians about me. You are married to the call. I made you for this. Leave your father and mother and GO.
The last part of what I saw speaks of the faithfulness of GOD. All I have to do is call and He'll be there. And of how my parents will be there if I need them. All I have to do is call. Yes, they are here in North Carolina and I can't bring them with me, but thank goodness for Alexander Graham Bell and his telephone :))

** oh, and just in case you're wondering how i got the exact words of the conversation, dvr :))

*** AND stayed tuned tomorrow for an explanation of how GOD spoke to me this past weekend! (I have to type it up)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Awesome! I love God's reminders that He puts in our path at just the right times!

Shannon said...

That is so amazing!!! I cannot wait to see all that God has for ou in Mali! Keep your eyes on Him and He will lead you!

Kat said...

There is nothing like following God...sometimes hard, but the joy is hard to fathom :). Very cool!

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?