The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just ship me off to Timbuktu




Haha. One of the first things I remember saying when I first heard about this possible missions trip to Mali, was oh me, I'm really going to Timbuktu! For those of you who aren't aware, Timbuktu is in Mali, called Tombouctou there, and I will have the opportunity to visit for a short period while I live in Mali.
There was always this phrase that I heard as a child, "I'm going to put you in a box and mail you all the way to Timbuktu!!".
Haha.
Timbuktu and camel rides, here I come.

** A little tidbit -- From now on, when I am talking about my move to Mali, more often than not you'll see it sometimes referred to as SFE (which stands for Sahel Formation Experience). That is the name of the "organization/missions endeavor" that I have signed up for. Just so you know :))

No comments:

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?