The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Saturday, April 10, 2010

the secret's out!!! :))

Haha. Okay, the secret's out. I'M GIVING A YEAR. Next January - December in Mali, West Africa. ahhhhHHH!! It sure felt good to let that out.
GREAT guesses you guys! And Sharon, you got it! Anna, I sure wish I had the money LOL & that I was leaving before January!! :))

And trust me, NO, I do NOT feel comfortable about this.
But isn't that what it's all about, anyway? GOD wants me to trust Him. Are you truly giving everything if you feel comfortable in what you are giving?


That's what spoke to me. GOD was asking, why can't you trust Me in what I am trying to do here?
I was sitting in my car waiting for the bus Wednesday morning and something in my spirit asked me why aren't you trusting me with everything. Later that day at Bojangles I was listening to the radio and a song that I've heard a thousand times came on. Alive by Pocket full of rocks. The line that broke me to the core in the car is in my header. I put that in there before this experience. How weird!! It hit me that I wasn't giving Him everything I had to give Him. I just wasn't. I was "comfortable" and felt "secure" in giving 6-8 months. But a year is where I would have to begin fully trusting in GOD. I started singing along (you wouldn't have wanted to hear it lol), saying "I'm giving You all I have to give until the whole world knows this love that's made me so alive". By this point I was sobbing, and I meant was I was saying. Needless to say I didn't get Bojangles that day. LOL.
So, I'm giving everything I have to give. A year (364 days to be exact), the longest possible amount of time for the SFE (Sahel Formation Experience) program. I'm letting my comfort, my security, and my financial ability go out the window. I'm completely trusting in Him to keep me safe, with my health, with the money to get me there.
This feels wonderful and nerveracking at the same time!! :))

AND * It's already April, and my dear little nephew, Josiah, will be 1 tomorrow. wow. it's been a year since he came into the world. africa can't only be a year. it'll go by WAY too fast... how am i homesick for somewhere I've never been? I guess that's what it feels like when it's GOD who put the desire there. 260ish days left. :)) i can't wait until i can join my heart in Mali. ahhh... patience, patience.

[this last paragraph was written Thursday when I wanted to tell you guys, but couldn't]

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Great words about being comfortable! That is not what we should be striving for at all, in the situations we are not comfortable we will realize we can't do it without God's help. Keeping you in my prayers!

natali said...

aww, thanks girl!

JonesEthiopia said...

That's wonderful... It will be an amazing year.

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?