The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

GOD speaks part 2

As promised, here is GOD speaks part 2:

This all happened Sunday. Yes, in one day.

My friend Linny over at A Place Called Simplicity posted How to hear GOD speak part 1 and How to hear GOD speak part 2 in the past few days. Now I was already asking GOD to help me discern His Word in my devotional time each day. I knew that without Him telling me what He was speaking through His Word that I wouldn't get it. Then I read these posts by Linny. GOD wants you to ask Him to speak to you. He so desperately wants a relationship with you and wants to speak to you each and every day, all day.
And so I asked Him, around 8:30am Sunday morning during my devotional time - GOD speak to me. I want to know what You're saying to me.
Here is what my devotional read that day [from Voices of the Faithful by Beth Moore],

As usual, the disciples did not get it. Earlier, Jesus had promised that He would be with them on their journey.... [skipping over a little bit] We now have the assurance that GOD will protect us, providing for us regardless of where we are or how things look.... [skipping to the prayer at the end] Father, thank You that You are with me, that You protect and provide for me. I do not need to be afraid in whatever You call me to do, for You are with me. Protect Christian workers today in Central Asia as they share with Muslims who hold anti-Christian views. Let these Muslims see Jesus in them. Amen.

Now, I know, I'm not called to Central Asia, but West Africa. But hey, did you notice the word Muslim? In case you guys weren't aware, I will be living in an area that is 90% Muslim, 9% indigenous beliefs, 1% Christian.
Gosh, can it get any better? GOD speaks to you people! He cares :))

Then came the Sunday School lesson. It was all about being the Ziba's for the Mephibosheths of the world. Now just in case you don't know who I'm speaking of, here's a backstory. In 2 Samuel chapter 9 David asks if there is anyone left of Saul's family? And if so he would like to show him some kindness in honor of Jonathan. David and Jonathan were best friends. David made a covenant with Jonathan. Mephibosheth is Jonathan's lame son. Ziba was asked to tell David if there was anyone left of Saul's family to whom he may show kindness to? Ziba answered that yes, there was one. Mephibosheth. But he lives in Lo Debar.
Now here it really opened my eyes. Lo Debar means "no pasture". And David sent Ziba to get him without haste.
Do you see a bigger picture here? We need to be Zibas. GOD is telling us to get the Mephibosheths of the world, the lame and broken hearted. The lost. The ones no one else remembers. He wants to bless them, but someone has to tell them. Hmm... Lo Debar. No pasture. Mali is 65% desert. Aha! :))
At the end, we prayed. I asked GOD to speak to me during the sermon coming up.
Then onto the sermon on Sunday morning. All about everyone having a mission to reach people with the Gospel. And how things aren't always comfortable when you do that.
I had just told a dear sweet friend of mine before the sermon that I was giving a year for Mali, and how I had felt comfortable giving 6-8 months, but how GOD revealed to me that what you give isn't going to be comfortable if it is all you can give. Man... confirmation in a sermon! I was so about to boo hoo in service, but held it back by biting my lip lol. Anyone who saw me must have thought, her lip itches?!! lol.

Three times in less than three hours.

Then came that night. I had nursery duty, but thank goodness we have a speaker in the nursery so the workers can hear the sermon.
The sermon was basically about a generation rising up for GOD, and how people need to realize that the church today is missing out. But they can rise up and take what GOD has for them. That GOD wants to show you things. He wants revival for you. But the church has to want it.

I'm telling you, GOD speaks.

You know, Satan really kicks up the heat when you obey GOD. Satan tries even harder to discourage you from what GOD has commanded you to do. But you can get through the tough times with the strength GOD gives you. Tough times are a time for transformation.

I've always heard, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. And I believe it.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing! You are so right God does speak! We just have to be willing to listen. It is amazing to hear his Him through other people or things! And the devil is right there too, trying to bring us down, but thankfully God is there to bring us back up again!

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?