The Video I Made to Describe My Journey for Next Year and the People of Mali, West Africa

Thursday, April 22, 2010

GO

Have you lost your mind, they ask? Or at least think it.
No, I think I’ve just found it.
Foot-long geckos and scorpions reside there, but so does the One who created them.
What about the 120 degree heat and the diseases?
Have you forgotten we must take up our cross?
He sacrificed Himself for me.
He asks more of us than chasing the American dream. The harvest is plentiful,
but the laborers few. They suffer, lost, unaware there’s an answer.
He is the Way, the Truth and the Life,
but how will they know if no one tells them?
Everyone has a mission. Your’s may not bring you to Bamako,
But that’s where mine has brought me.
I dare you to say,
“Here I am, send me.”

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wow!! Good stuff!! Keep this in your heart, I know I need to remind myself of it a lot!

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. Do you?